My clients and friends always ask me to recommend books on health. Sometimes the recommendation is for books to be read by them or to give as gifts to friends or family that are looking to improve their health. Over the years, I have compiled a vast library of books that I continuously reference and pick up from time to time to relearn techniques, tips and ways to improve my life, from trusted sources in health, fitness, spiritual and lastly, purely literary pleasure. Many of these books I have sent to clients, family and friends.
Lifestyle Programs Tailored to Your Unique Genetic Profile
My Recommended Health Books
My Recommended Health Books
Here are some of my favorites which have brought me inspiration, improved my fitness level and have given me a keener mind. Happy reading and cheers to good health!
Exercise – the Anti-Aging weapon
We know that regardless of age that exercise improves our skeletal muscle adaptation, carbohydrate metabolism, inflammation and risk of disease among other changes. This is due to the immediate changes that exercise causes in gene activation in over 7,000 genes (25% of the total).
My favorites to start an exercise program are:
- “Get Serious”, by Dr. Brett Osborn
- “Core Performance: The Revolutionary Workout Program to Transform Your Body and Your Life” by Mark Verstegen
- “Core Performance Women: Burn Fat and Build Lean Muscle” by Mark Verstegen
- “7 Weeks to 300 Sit-Ups: Strengthen and Sculpt Your Abs, Back , Core and Obliques” by Brett Stewart
- “Complete Book of Core Training: The Definitive Resource for Shaping and Strengthening the ‘Core’” by Brett Kurt and Mike Brungardt
- “Kettlebell Simple & Sinister” by Pavel Tsatsouline
General Health and Nutrition – Getting the Motivation and the Tools
Any health program must begin with the purpose and goal to improve your health. With the volume of information and different ideas available this can seem like an overwhelming task. These books spell it out for you so that you can start your journey now to outstanding health.
- “Outstanding Health: The 6 Essential Keys to Maximize Your Energy and Well Being”, by Michael Galitzer, M.D. and Larry Trivieri, Jr.
- “Super Genes: Unlock the Astonishing Power of Your DNA for Optimum Health and Well-Being”, by Deepak Chopra and Rudolph E. Tanzi, Ph.D.
- “Spontaneous Happiness” by Andrew Weil, M.D.
- “Grain Brain”, David Perlmutter, M.D.
- “Wheat Belly”, by William Davis, M.D.
- “The Blood Sugar Solution” by Mark Hyman, M.D.
- “Food Matters” by Mark Bittman
- “The Immortality Edge: Realize the Secrets of Your Telomeres For A Longer, Healthier Life” by Michael Fossel, M.D. PhD, Greta Blackburn and Dave Woynarowski, M.D.
- “The Adrenal Reset Diet”, by Alan Christianson, NMD
Mindset – Find your purpose
- “Unbeatable Mind: Forge Resiliency and Mental Toughness to Succeed at an Elite Level”, by Mark Divine
- “Serve to Win” by Novak Djokovic
- “Uncommon” by Tony Dungy
- “The Richest Man in Babylon” by George S. Clason
- “The Way of the Seal” by Mark Divine
- “The One Thing: The Surprisingly Simple Truth Behind Extraordinary Results”, by Gary Keller
- “Presence: Bringing Your Boldest Self to Your Biggest Challenges”, by Amy Cuddy
- “Think and Grow Rich!” by Napoleon Hill
- “The Four Hour Workweek” by Timothy Ferriss